This is an application using Zoom or other Video Conferencing Solution, where you might have an instructor in one location and the class in another. This also enables you to have Instructors(s) and remote class rooms in different locations. This is a good example of using one instructor in one location leading class in two different classrooms. Listed here is what a classroom might look like in this situation. Equipment to provide this type of solution, within the New Hope Presbytery, can be provided by the ConnectEd Committee and the New Hope Presbytery.
Zoom for On-Line Training – Sample Room Set Up
The following are required to set up a video classroom using Zoom or most video services:
Internet Requirement –
- Broadband Internet connection of at least from 3 to 5 mbps
- Stable connection to wireless router or a direct connection to the internet
- Internal computer speakers are acceptable for a single student
- Recommend external speakers for class room setting
- Internal computer webcam is acceptable to single student
- Recommend external usb webcam is recommended for class room setting
- In a classroom setting, it is recommended to use a levelour microphone for the instructor and a table top microphone located in the center of the classroom
- For an individual, the internal computer microphone is acceptable. Make sure to test this before connecting to the training session
- An Audio mixer is required in a location where there is more than one microphone required.
- To review online training videos from Zoom concerning setup and joining a scheduled meeting, please click on this link