TechSoup is an online service that helps connect Nonprofits with discounted hardware, software, and services from several major vendors, including Microsoft and Adobe. (Microsoft Office is available for as low as $29.) TechSoup describes these products as “donations,” although they charge an administrative fee to process these donations. Registration and verification are required.
See Below to order and set up a TechSoup Account
Things You Will Need
- Basic email account, preferably in the name of the church.
- PCUSA organization verification for 501(c)(3) status. To get this, contact Kathie Lyvers at 502-569-5020 or email@example.com with your congregation’s PCUSA PIN and IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN). She will then email you a letter to use for this purpose.
Steps to Follow
- Create your TechSoup account at techsoup.org, clicking “Join” in the upper right of the page. Use your own name and personal information, with your church email address.
- Register your congregation in the TechSoup database.
- Choose “501(c)(3) nonprofit” as the organization type.
- For the EIN, do not use your congregation’s EIN. Instead, use the PCUSA’s national EIN: 23-6393377.
- You will be prompted to enter a state and ZIP code to narrow the list of organizations. Do this, then choose your congregation from the list presented.
- If your congregation is not listed, choose the option to “register your organization now,” then input your congregation’s information.
- Wait. TechSoup will use the information you have provided to confirm your account. While you wait, you can review the products that are available through TechSoup and even place requests that will be fulfilled upon approval of your account.
- Respond to any requests for information. TechSoup may request that you submit your PCUSA organization verification at any time, so be sure that it is available.
- Order the software, hardware, or other items that you need, then follow the instructions provided at the conclusion of your order to get activation codes and other necessary items.